Monday, August 13, 2012

Tasty Torture Tour, Part III

Slowly, I'm catching up with my posts that should have been done weeks ago... Sorry!
Wine Tasting in Temecula

Cinnamon Bun (the size of my head and my head is big!)
Part III of the the Tasty Torture Tour brings us to Temecula, CA.  A beautiful area out in the Riverside County area of Southern California.  Though it is very hot, it is very pretty this time of the year.  See, it's a wine country out there with a bunch of wineries along their main road.  Saturday we spent the day on a wine tour, our second one this year, with my friends from work.  The tour was by Lux Limo which provided us a party bus with what they called a vertical hand rail.  I did not need to use the vertical hand rail but that was a nice touch.  haha!

Heart Attack on a plate aka Monte Cristo
We went to three wineries--Miramonte Winery, Bel Vino, and another one I can't remember the name.  My favorite was Miramonte.  Their wines were aromatic and easy-drinking.  I've had better at other wineries in Temecula (Hart Winery is the best!!!), but compared to the other wineries we went to this day Miramonte was overall most enjoyable.  Bel Vino's wines were the nastiest.  Every thing I tried was so sour!  Yuck.  And the last winery was just okay.  The best thing about it was that us girls bought matching hats even though I resisted in the beginning.  I do like the hat.
Corned Beef Hash

Husband and I were able to stay the night there and have breakfast the next morning with Uncle Bruce and Aunt Pat who was there for a wedding at another winery in town.  Using the all-trusting-all-knowing Yelp.com, we decided on trying out a local cafe called Penfold's Bakery and Cafe.  It was really cute inside with nostalgic trinkets and nick-knacks every where.  Although the decor was very cute, it also makes me very nervous that no one has ever taken the time to dust the ones that are up high on the shelves.  Oh well.  

Omelet w/ Avocado
I chose to try their corned beef hash with over easy eggs.  It came with a side of biscuit and gravy.  Tim immediately saw they had cinnamon buns so he opted to get that to share and he also got the heart clenching Monte Cristo.  A ham and turkey sammich but instead of bread they use french toast... then deep fried.  Who needs to go the county fair when you can all this friend sammich at Penfold's??  The MC was not my cup of tea.  French toast is too eggy and sweet for me.  I'm weird... I know.  UB ordered an omelet with a side of avocados.  

Cinnamon Roll French Toast
Sidenote: Sometimes I forget how lucky we are in So Cal to have an abundance of ripe and creamy avocados on hand.  I love that green stuff.  

  AP ordered the cinnamon roll french toast which looked good!  But UB said it was just okay.  No one finished their meals... probably for the better.  haha!  We took our leftovers home to enjoy for dinner later that evening.  We were so stuffed from this breakfast as you can imagine, but it was a good way to end the Tasty Torture Tour with UB and AP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment