Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My New Thang

Remember that July post about baking cookies?  Well I'm really getting into the whole baking thing and decided EVERYONE is getting cookies for their birthday and Christmas/Hanukkah/Ramadan/Winter gifts.  I love them.  They're tasty (well except for the first time I made chocolate sugar cookies, those were nasty.  But big thanks to Kelley for sharing her brownie sugar cookie recipe!!!) and pretty!  I love giving cookies because I'm able to personalize them with different shapes, colors and flavors.  It also is something different to give as opposed to the gift card or socks you would normally give to someone.  Don't get me wrong, I love giving and receiving gift cards and socks too!!! :)  Below are some pictures of my creations I've made in the last month or so.  

I've watched a number of YouTube videos and tutorials on baking cookies and flooding royal icing.  I've also pinned a bunch on this topic on my Pinterest.  Thank goodness for the world wide web!  Without it I'd probably still be attempting to bake from the pre-made dough stuff that usually ends up crispy and burnt.  Ha!
Rama's Birthday Cookie Bouquet in a beautiful glass vase
Patiently waiting for royal icing to dry!

Celebrating my dance teacher's bday in class!
My dance teacher's reaction to her gift.  :)
Closeup of Judy's cookie bouquet w/ stars, tutus, hearts and pointe shoes! The tutus and pointe shoes were all cut out by hand!

Some treats for friends to celebrate new parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment