Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Adventures, Part Uno


Bridal Shower Favor
This weekend was a busy, but super fun one.  Saturday we drove down to San Diego and I went to a bridal shower and husband got play golf in Carlsbad with the bride's fiance.  The bridal shower was awesome and what a gorgeous day to have it--sunny with blue skies.  They ordered some yummy sandwiches, or sammiches which is how I like to spell/say it, and then panini pressed them at the party!  What a great idea!  So now on my list to get one day is a panini press!  Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the tasty grub that day...I don't know what I was thinking.  But I did take a picture of the adorable cookie favor that the bride's friend had made.

Wedding Bouquet Gift by Kelley.
This reminded me of my former BTSA coach, Kelley C. who is a teacher by day and a cookie maker queen by night.  One day she learned how to make the cookies and decorate them and so for fun, she sells them to her friends for special occasions--baby showers, bridal showers, birthdays, weddings, etc.  I have ordered from her three times.  Twice for wedding cookie bouquets and once for my Chinese banquet favors!  My favorite flavor she does is lemon, although all her cookies are yummy.  Her decorating skills are amazing.  So not only is Kelly a great BTSA coach and teacher, she's an amazing cookie artist!!!
Double Happiness Cookie by Kelley C.  Photo by Abbie K.

So now on my list of things to do--get a panini press and learn to bake and decorate cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment