Tuesday, July 25, 2017

SP Cleanse Day 1 (Monday)

Pina Colada Shake
Ok guys, I woke up still feeling full from the night before.  But I doubt those were real feelings.  They were probably fake feelings I kept telling myself because I was starting this cleanse.  Regardless of what kind of feelings they were, I had to face reality.

I made my first shake with frozen coconut chunks (I think chunks is a funny word... haha chunks), frozen pineapple bits, unsweetened coconut milk with my two scoops of SP Complete powder stuff.  With my trusty Magic Bullet (does anyone still use one of these anymore?) I blended this concoction.  And you know what? It was actually good!  Add a little rum and you've got a pina colada!!  HAHA JK!

After "breakfast" I dropped off my daughter at school so she can be all social and stuff while I came home and organized all the food I had gotten from the grocery store (see pic on previous post).  For my snack I went with my go-to which lately has been sweet potato "toast" with smashed avocados--all SP Cleanse approved!  I love this low carb snack for anytime of the day! You just slice your sweet potato (orgaaaanic don't forget!) and throw them in the toast oven on your highest setting.  I run it in there twice to get it extra cooked if that makes sense.  While that's going, scoop out your avocado, sprinkle some pepper and garlic powder (my favs) and when the toast is ready, pile those delicious avos on top.  It's very filling and nutritious (I'm not a nutritionist so I'm just assuming it's nutritious hehe).
My version of the trendy Avocado Toast

Since I was doing so well on this first day (HAHA) I made plans to meet some of my coworker friends for lunch.  Summer is almost over (boo hoo) and I've been wanting to hang out with them this whole time!  I chose to meet at one my favorite restaurants in the OC--Rutabagorz.  I was first introduced to it when I was a student at Chapman in Orange.  I would eat that Garlic Chicken Salad with walnuts and feta like no other. Alas, my favorite menu item would not be compliant to this cleanse.  No worries though, Ruta's always has great options for everyone!  So I chose the Vegetarian Chef
Vegetarian Chef Salad minus the Cheffy Parts
Salad but had to be one of those... You know the person that asks for substitutions in a meal.  I always feel bad asking for changes but I had to be strong and of course I was really nice about it, I said, "PLEASE and THANK YOU!" So I had to ask for no cheese and no eggs, oh and instead of whatever dressing it came with, I just asked for olive oil and vinegar which apparently has a special fancy name for it that I've now forgotten.  As you can see the salad was divine.  The sunflower seeds added a great nutty flavor without being a nut which is also a no-no.  (Note to self, get sunflower seeds for future salads)  I've also believed salads that you don't have to prep and make are so much more delicious than ones you make yourself.  I think because after the prepping, putting together and cleaning, I think the meal is more work than it is tasty in the end.  Oh well... got to stay positive!


Ok dinner time!  I had to be quick with this one.  After I picked up my daughter from school, I quickly whipped up some sauteed broccolini (avocado oil, salt and pepper), baked sweet potato with organic butter, and some kalamata olives on the side.  I saw another person's blog with kalamata olives in their salad and I thought, hm that sounds good.  For "dessert" I had some fresh strawberries which my daughter confiscated during our meal together.  Strawberries are her fav.  This was a great meal and quick because we had to run to swimming
lessons after!

Phew, first day of swimming lessons went well.  ASH was a little hesitant to be in the water which is very strange since she loves swimming in our pool.  I think she sensed me feeling rushed and didn't want any part of that stress.  In the end, she blew her bubbles, kicked her legs, scooped her arms like the best of them.  She also discovered the pool where we were at was shallow enough to allow her to stand on her toes.  I think that was her favorite part.

After dinner snackaroo!
I almost forgot I had one more shake to go.  So I made it as my after "workout" (trust me... swim lessons was a workout! :) ) along with a little snack of baby carrots. I couldn't resist the pina colada shake so guess what flavor I made...you guessed it... PINA COLADA!  Day 1... success.  Was I hungry?  I didn't have a starving feeling, but definitely after swim lessons, I was ready to have a little snackaroo.

What I need to work on for tomorrow: drink more water.  Remember to take the supplements (I took them twice so I missed one time).





No comments:

Post a Comment