Tuesday, July 25, 2017

21 Day Purification Cleanse by Standard Process

So today is the day I..

I know what you're thinking... it's just another diet and you haven't been successful really before.  Yes, 'tis true.  I've attempted Beachbody's 21 Day Fix twice now and have gotten deathly sick BOTH times (not from the program, but just from life...and 26 second graders). Weight Watchers was fairly ok but then someone would ask me to go to an All You Can Eat Korean BBQ birthday dinner... then I'd fall off the wagon.

Let's just say, I don't have a choice now.  I am ::cough cough:: getting older now and it's been very hard to get back into shape and just be a healthy human being.  Around me I've been tempted with a lot of indulgences and if you know me... I. LOVE. FOOD. Let's be honest, I'm not in shape.  I'm not healthy. I'm tired ALL. THE. TIME. I'm really hoping that starting this process today will help kick start better eating habits and there will be great rewards no matter what:

  • get healthier (duh)
  • gain more energy
  • clearer and smoother skin (reminds me of mom who would make me drink/eat random Chinese foods/soups and say, "It's good for you... make your skin pretty.")
  • loose weight
  • better digestion
  • less bloating

I'm sure there more positives from the process and for the next 21 days I will keep you posted on the ups and downs I experience.  Let's hope there are more UPs than downs!

For more information on what this program entails this is how I explain it, but if you want the deets then click on the link above: Days 1-10 Veggies and fruit (double the veggies than fruit), SP Complete shakes, 1/2 cup grains (quinoa-gross, brown rice, or lentils). Days 11-21 same as before, but I will get to add lean meat!!!  Counting down the days... so excited!  HAHA  So that will mean chicken and fish basically.  I'm such a meat eater and although I keep thinking I'll miss the carbs the most, I think I'll miss the meat the most.

I remember a time when I gave up meat for Lent (I'm not Catholic btw but did it for fun) and I was successful! However I did allow myself fish and other seafood along with fake meat (Gardeins Mandarin Chick'n =yummy).  That will be a no no for the first 10 days on this cleanse.

So to wrap this up, in a way I'm excited that I'm finally taking the time to do this for myself. I'm also happy that it's not during the school year when I'm limited to bathroom breaks... However, I'm nervous that my willpower will be weak (I've been known to have weak willpower) and that I'll forget and finish my daughter's leftover chicken nugget she didn't finish from her plate.  But I will do my best to stay strong and commit to this program so that I can better health for myself!  So... here we go!

Grocery shopping results for all my healthy goodness snacks and meals!

**Please note, I started writing this on Day 1 and never published it.  It's now Day 2 so I will catch up with my notes and photos!

1 comment:

  1. Just want to say how awesome this is! I'm excited to see you crush this cleanse! You have my support!

    ReplyDelete