Monday, September 15, 2014

HAI! Sushi!

As a continuation from my last blog mentioning life in 3 hour increments... Finding time to eat is sometimes a challenge. I have been blessed with a sleepy baby (for now) and during her naps I mostly do have the chance to enjoy a meal or two! 

After a morning running errands with my sweet one, we got home and I made some rice. The Chinese girl in me was craving some for lunch and I am thankful for the quick cooking setting on my fancy rice cooker. I fed my little one (with breast milk not rice. Don't freak out) and put her down for a nap (she's currently in and out of sleep right now as I write this! "Hurry!" I'm thinking), and put her laundry away. Then I took a look in the kitchen at what else I could eat. And I knew my avocados were ripening quickly in this heat (it's about 90+ degrees F out there!). So I thought how about I make some maki sushi?! And I did!

Yum yum in my tum...my. And it was quick! After my baby fell asleep and I put her laundry away my rice was ready! I got all the fillings and toppings out and rolled some sushi together. Here's the breakdown:
-cooked rice with sushi seasoning
-sliced riped avos
-nori sheets
-cucumbers (I had leftover sliced up from a dinner salad the other night)
-sesame seeds
-furikaki seasoning: just because I had some so why not
-bamboo sushi rolly thing
-sharp knife


Spread some rice on the nori, pile the ingredients across the rice, carefully roll it up! Slice with your sharp knife (if you really want to be fancy, dip your knife in hot water to make your slices cleaner). Now I am not a professional at this nor do I really know what I'm doing. So don't get all huffy and puffy on me knowing this is all wrong. Hehe this is the best I do under a time limit and with a hungry tummy! Don't forget the shoyu/soy sauce and the wasabi!!! Nom nom nom!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment